The Unilab Carrier Test is designed to detect common and known rare genetic variants in a diverse population using a chromosomal microarray analysis.
The Unilab Carrier Test Includes
Exceptional coverage for known disease-causing variants using up-to-date databases
Copy number variant analysis performed for most genes
Enhanced SMA screening to help identify silent carriers
For a list of disorders tested, download the disorder list.*
If one of the Unilab Carrier Tests does not meet the needs of your practice, we can customize a panel for you with over 600 disorders to choose from.
*Not all ACMG recommended genes are included with the Unilab Carrier Test. Some ACMG genes include variants that are not routinely detected by NGS or microarray only.
1. Cariati, F., D'Argenio, V., & Tomaiuolo, R. (2019). The evolving role of genetic tests in reproductive medicine. Journal of translational medicine, 17(1), 267. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12967-019-2019-8
2. Practice Committee of American Society for Reproductive Medicine in collaboration with Society for Male Reproduction and Urology (2008). Evaluation of the azoospermic male. Fertility and sterility, 90(5 Suppl), S74–S77. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2008.08.092
3. Committee opinion no. 605: primary ovarian insufficiency in adolescents and young women. (2014; reaffirmed in 2020). Obstetrics and gynecology, 124(1), 193–197. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.AOG.0000451757.51964.98
4. Practice Committee of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (2012). Evaluation and treatment of recurrent pregnancy loss: a committee opinion. Fertility and sterility, 98(5), 1103–1111. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2012.06.048
5. Committee Opinion No. 691: Carrier Screening for Genetic Conditions. (2017). Obstetrics and gynecology, 129(3), e41–e55. https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0000000000001952
6. ACMG Practice Resource: Screening for autosomal recessive and X-linked conditions during pregnancy and preconception: a practice resource of the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG). Genetics in Medicine.2021
7. Westemeyer, M. et al. Clinical experience with carrier screening in a general population: support for a comprehensive pan-ethnic approach. Genet. Med. 22, 1320–1328 (2020). 4.
8. Powered by Illumina